Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The good and bad things in 2009

This year has been very strange but also very important for me because it`s my last year studing here (at least for the moment). Next year hopefully I will be writing my tesis and doing my working practice outside of Santiago. This matter make me very entusiastic about my studies; I have the feeling everything is finishing, so I have to do my best and enjoy as much as I can theses last moments here. During last semestre in particular, I had the same ideas but I was feeling strange. Besides this optimism, there were moments that I was feeling trapped in my everyday`s life, and I couldn`t enjoy university as much as I wanted. I didn`t have time to do any sport because of all the time I needed for the studies. So this was my challenge, because most of the subjects I decided to study demand me a lot of dedication. In other hand my personal relations with my friends worked very good , the same as with my girlfriend. I also wanted to get a job so I could leave my parent's house. Maybe beacause of the crisis, I don't know, I couldn't find one, so this gave me sometimes the feeling of being more and more trapped to things; in this case my family. Is not that I don't like them, is just that I'm a little bit tired of being with them everyday. They are cool, they don't botter me at all, but anyway I would prefer to be alone sometimes, not to have to justify or explain myself in case I want to go out or invite someone.

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Pablo. Some mistakes here and there but nothing to worry (so much)about.

    Comment on your partner´s post and see if you can improve it.

    I´ll give you more feedback in class.

    You get 2 points.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paolo,
    I think it is very good. I couldn't find many mistakes. Only a few. When you write "I didn't have time to do any sport because of all the time I needed for the studies" I would, write "I didn't have time to do any sports because of all the time I needed for studying".

    Then you said "So this was my challenge, because most of the subjects I decided to study demand me a lot of dedication" I would say "So my challenge was to respond the hard demands of the subjects that I chose".

    I would correct the verb "studing" for "studying", the word "beacause" for "because" and "entusiastic" for "enthusiastic".

    And I would add the word "economic" when you write about the crisis and not getting a job, to
    clarify the message.

    The last correction I would make, is when you said "my personal relations" , I think is better to say "my personal relationships".

    I liked vey much your style. I appreciate the comments about your feelings during the last term. I felt very similar in some moments. And I think you have very good English.

    ···Bye···

    ReplyDelete